To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Where is it ok to nap?

edited May 2007 in General
Like, in high school you just couldn't nap, period.

At SFU, I know so many of us do.

Anyways,where are the places where it's fine if people nap, and where are the places where it usually isn't fine?

I once napped in the Bookstore - and the employees there kicked me out (even though there were sofas). Funny thing was that I napped next to a dark-skinned person who looked homeless (he was also napping). The employee told the other person to leave - and only told me to stop napping.

I've napped on residence a few times as well - the CAs usually take issue with that (there are general lounge in the dormitories, and sofas but I guess people need them to watch tv).

I've also napped on the computer lab chairs as well - some people seem to take issue with that - but it's more often than not ignored. The libraries do have sofas on the main floor though - and they're filled with nappers.

The individual department buildings have different informal policies. I've been kicked out in some buildings - and ignored in other buildings. Some of the departments have a particular couch that is often used for napping (usually in the grad lounge but not everyone has access). I've also taken over several comfy chairs in empty classrooms.:teeth:

Comments

• edited May 2007
    underneath the image theatre stairs and at the pond?

but personally i don't feel safe napping in public so i never do, it's just i notice it.
  • edited May 2007
    i just sleep in the study carrel things, haha
  • edited May 2007
    library....
  • edited May 2007
    illicit;12880 said:
    underneath the image theatre stairs and at the pond?

but personally i don't feel safe napping in public so i never do, it's just i notice it.
    yeah i can't nap in public either.
    but now that the sun is out and the weather is getting nicer, i would catch some shut eye on the grassy areas on the AQ.

otherwise i'd go to the library and brave the smelliness of the carrels...:embarassed:
  • edited May 2007
    Jessika;12874 said:
    Like, in high school you just couldn't nap, period.

At SFU, I know so many of us do.

Anyways,where are the places where it's fine if people nap, and where are the places where it usually isn't fine?

I once napped in the Bookstore - and the employees there kicked me out (even though there were sofas). Funny thing was that I napped next to a dark-skinned person who looked homeless (he was also napping). The employee told the other person to leave - and only told me to stop napping.

I've napped on residence a few times as well - the CAs usually take issue with that (there are general lounge in the dormitories, and sofas but I guess people need them to watch tv).

I've also napped on the computer lab chairs as well - some people seem to take issue with that - but it's more often than not ignored. The libraries do have sofas on the main floor though - and they're filled with nappers.

The individual department buildings have different informal policies. I've been kicked out in some buildings - and ignored in other buildings. Some of the departments have a particular couch that is often used for napping (usually in the grad lounge but not everyone has access). I've also taken over several comfy chairs in empty classrooms.:teeth:

God damn, you nap a lot. Anyhow, I nap at work, and in class. They're the only places I can find time to nap in, go figure.
  • edited May 2007
    I love naps, but I dunno about napping at school. I would be afraid that someone would steal my stuff or something. But ive seen tons of people do it in the little study cubicle things....hell, ive seen people just do it in lecture!
  • edited May 2007
    i find napping in class prob is the best bet

id say just sneak into a giant lecture and nap at the back
  • edited May 2007
    hahaha I forgot the bit about sleeping in lecture...not a good idea though unless you wanna fail the classs :P
  • edited May 2007
    toast;12885 said:
    library....
    FIRST FLOOR! No one ever goes there!
  • edited May 2007
    or 6th floor, i say the 3 floors of TASC1 (Tech And Sci COmplex 1) are good, lots of comfy couches
  • edited May 2007
    looks like they need a new faculty

Faculty of Beds
  • edited May 2007
    i fell asleep by the pond in the AQ today (i pulled an all-nighty last night). consequently, I am now sunburnt.

but well worth it :)

Leave a Comment